Friday, August 17, 2007

YOU CAN TAKE THE SHAWI OUT OF AURES....

BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE AURES OUT OF THE SHAWI

La Maison Jaune tells the story of a man who goes on his tricycle to find the corpse of his son. I myself also had to take my father’s remains from France to his native village in the Aurès. During those few days, I had to deal with a lot of red tape and the grief of men and women about whom I knew nothing at all. I was sustained by the compassion and helping hands of strangers. I loved those men and women, who, when all is said and done, were like me. I had almost forgotten I was a child of the Aurés. All these encounters, and my long walks in the area, a place that is both hostile and beautiful, prompted a deep and personal desire to make a film there.
Amor Hakkar

Here is a short clip from the film AKHAM AWRAGH


The daughter : baba fakregh f lHajet n triciti
Father, I was thinking about the idea of electricity...

The father : lmouchkil aya Targued Taghla fellanegh
This problem is going to cost us a lot...

The daughter : makcha hanTfuraj?
So how are we going to watch (the video)...

The father : arwaH, enna3na lpoto
Come on, let us go to the pole...

The daughter : akhzar a baba,dakitina yella triciti, ad najbed' falu, wa nnig labrachma, a3na lbaladia a baba a3na a rabba ach i3ayyach
Father, look there is electricity, we can get an extension, please father, go see the city hall...

The father : haya enroH...
Ok, let us go...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

azul,

comment pouvoir visionner depuis la france le film

bravo encore au cineaste

dihya

shawi yegguma said...

Hi Dihya,
For more info, please go to :

http://jahia.pardo.ch/jpwacatalog/pardo/film.do;jsessionid=C4A9FA829CF8D1E995B307A4819E0AED?id=191154

Qim d'i lehna.

Anonymous said...

tanmirt for your answer a yuma

qim di lehna

dihya

© 2006-2012 Awal_nu_Shawi